Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Good Recent SOA Piece: "Managing an XML Data Model In Your SOA - Best Practices"

"Private" and "public" in relation to what/who? A network? Individuals?
A service?

> For example with the eaipatterns link you sent... It
> illustrates the exchange data among entities. (the author
> refers to it as messages). Are messages the only type of data
> in SOA? If so does the SOA data model have to deal with data
> model of the message payload or just the headers?

Hmmm....usually a message is comprised of headers + payload. Not sure
what you are implying by the 3 sentences above.

> IMHO, the SOA data model should treat message payload as
> private data and not bother to abstract that in the SOA data
> model.

IMHO, we shouldn't even get beyond the concept of a message, if we go
that far - so distinguishing between header and payload is probably too
concrete for our RM.

> The only data that is relevant for SOA is the headers
> data.

The payload is not relevant to the service consumer? (or whatever we are
calling this entity)

> The headers are also referred to as metadata in some
> reference models. Defining a canonical to metadata is
> something I have never heard of.
> In general SOA data model should abstract only that data
> which is public and relevant i.e. SOA data.

Same questions as above: what is "SOA data"? Public to what/who? What
does "relevant" mean here? (relevant for who?)