Subject: RE: [soa-rm] [issue:structure] draft 07, sect 2, line 201, Figure 2-1

A policy can be expressed externally in any format you wish (hopefully
consistent with some means to understand and evaluate if some entity
conforms to the policy) but one could have a link to the policy be part of
the metadata.

Ken

At 09:45 AM 5/27/2005, you wrote:
>Referring to CoreRM5.png, proposed as figure 2.1:
>
>I'm still not convinced that service description is *only* encapsulated in
>metadata (but maybe I've missed something or not caught up yet with the
>remaining 240 posts left to read...). Can a "policy", for example, be
>represented in a free text format, that is not metadata?
>-Peter

   /   Ken
Laskey                                                                \
  |    MITRE Corporation, M/S H305    phone:  703-983-7934   |
  |    7515 Colshire Drive                    fax:      703-983-1379   |
   \   McLean VA 22102-7508                                              /