Subject: RESPONSE REQUIRED: Vancouver - fun/menu for next week

Hello SOA Cartel and select Techies!!:

We are trying to set a new precedent for the most decadent TC in all of
OASIS!  I think this will top last year's event!

I have been working on the plans for the F2F meeting next week.    Adobe
is sponsoring the event and will pick up the tab for the main meeting
room and internet.  I will personally pick up for a dinner night-party
at my house.  There are a number of other items that are available
ranging from coffee breaks to coached breathing sessions (*not
kidding).  It would be great if someone would like to pick up one or
more coffee breaks from their company.  Please see the original email below.

Haruko and Divina from the Opus Hotel have been great helping arrange
the meeting and will also likely attend the Wednesday night (H & D -
this is your invite!).

Also - I have been planning the "social" aspects of the week too.  I am
thinking that the best night for a BBQ at my house will be the
Wednesday.  That way if the weather is bad we can always move it to
Thursday if we have to.

The menu will be

Appetizers:
Oysters grilled with Tequila/herbs in the half shell for appetizers,
with fresh horse radish and hot sauces and sourdough bread.  Served with
Langley Township 7 Chardonnay (double gold award winner for Chardonnay
and winner of best white wine of all Canada for 2002 vintage).  Matt,
Tim and Ron have had it before and can tell you it is awesome!!!  Will
have some fresh Canadian Beer too!

Pre-main:
Salad of fresh greens and tomatos from garden, grilled mushrooms and
roasted sesame dressing w/garlic.

Main:
Grilled rare Hawaiian Ahi Tuna, in sesame glaze (rare, med or well done)
Fresh caught wild pacific sockeye salmon, grilled in a cedar plank, w/
Canadian Maple Syrup and herbs
Roasted Asparagus
Other veggies, etc.

Wines (Special Vintages - these are superb vintages.  For those of you
who know your wines, you will recognize some Marquee names.  Even if you
don't, just bring your taste buds and sample some of Frances finest):
3 Langley Township 7 Proprietors Reserve Chardonnay 2002 - 95 points,
best in show, multiple golds.
1 Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1998 (97 points - Robert Parker)
1 Dominus Napanook Red Reserve 1999 (93 points - wine spectator)
1 Chateau Beacastel Chateauneuf du Pape 2001 -but is showing well now
(96 points - second highest ever for a CdP by Wine Spectator)
1 Balthasar (unranked but *very* tasty)
1 Wyndamn Estate Cabernet-Merlot 1997 - 7 gold, 1 silver medal (my
personal favorite of the group!!!)
1 Chateau Bourgneuf 2001 (Pomerol - one of the best Bordeux's I have
ever had)
1 Inniskillin Dark Horse Meritage - one of the best Canadian Reds of all
time!!

Desert:
TBA

RESPONSE REQUIRED:

Please email me back with your choice for the main course (Tuna, Salmon
or both).  I will need to reserve the fish in advance to ensure it is fresh.

Tuesday night would be the night for Beers and Pizza at the Yaletown
Brew Pub:

http://www.markjamesgroup.com/restbrew/yaletown/yaletown.html

Thanks

Duane