Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Groups - OASIS SOA RM Specification 10 (wd-soa-rm-10.pdf) uploaded

Congratulations and big thanks to the editors for capturing (and
elaborating on) our TC's discussions so well in this draft. I've managed
to review up to p.8 (inclusive) so far.

Loved the run-up to the introduction of the concept of "service" on p.7
- highly effective, and very dramatic and novel-like (in a positive
way). I also like how we've broadened our discussion of SOA, to
emphasize the notion of capabilities.

Not sure about the puzzle figure on p.6 - perhaps it will grow on me
with time (perhaps there's also a hidden metaphor there?). Liked the
inclusion of the benefits of SOA on p.8.

Would like to see if we can perhaps add more substance to our definition
of SOA on p.6, to include the concept of services (as
supporting/providing the capabilities that are mentioned in the
definition), as well as the notions (perhaps) of reusable and shared
services (which are not necessarily the same thing). I know that we will
delve into these notions more in our reference architecture(s), but I do
believe that it's important to consider capturing them here so that we
don't have to backtrack and update our definition of SOA in this spec at
a later point to include these notions.

For those in the US, have a Very Happy Thanksgiving.

Associate
Booz Allen Hamilton

700 13th St. NW
Suite 1100