Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Diagram

Personal Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/
*******************************

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Laskey [mailto:klaskey@mitre.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:00 AM
To: Duane Nickull; soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org

Duane,

In general, I like the diagram but have a few suggested mods:

1. "Capability Metadata" (not included in current diagram) describes
a Capability, Service Description just describes the
Service.  However, as seems appropriate to the service provider, the
Service Description can point to and otherwise reference the
Capability Metadata if that is useful in describing the Service.

2. More appropriate to say Service accesses Capability rather than
represents.

A version hacked in Powerpoint is attached.

Ken

At 12:24 PM 12/6/2005, Duane Nickull wrote:
>I tried to spin the puzzle diagram into a pseudo layered stack.

>*******************************
>Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com
>Vice Chair - UN/CEFACT  http://www.uncefact.org/
>Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee
>Personal Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/

---------
   /   Ken
Laskey                                                                \
  |    MITRE Corporation, M/S H305    phone:  703-983-7934   |
  |    7515 Colshire Drive                    fax:      703-983-1379   |
   \   McLean VA 22102-7508
/

SOA-RM-Model-August2005.png