Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Diagram

I couldn't find an accurate description of "exchange" in the current
draft and this was what I inferred.  We may wish to beef it up to
explain this better.

I thought about the capability/interaction thing a lot and am not 100%
sure either way. It is really only a successful interaction with a
service that uses the capability that results in a RWE.  An unsuccessful
interaction results in an error/fault etc.  This got me also asking if
having an interaction is too concrete?  Does this now mean we have an
infrastructure if there are two things interacting.  Not sure but think
this needs more discussion during f2f.

Exchange may be best represented similar to how UMl class view diagrams
use association classes.  (see attached).  The exchange is part of the
association class?

The intent on visibility ws to effectively depict that there are certain
animals that need to be visible, discoverable etc (the three are
service, policy and service descrition).  I am not happy either with the
way it is.  Any suggestions for a better way?

I do like this better than the jigsaw but think it needs refinement.

Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com
Vice Chair - UN/CEFACT  http://www.uncefact.org/
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee
Personal Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/