Subject: concept maps

Been doing some research on the net about concept maps.

It seems that concept maps are nearly always used in an educational
context. It may even be that we have been pioneering the use of
concept maps as a modeling tool :)

There is a close semantic similarity between RDF and concept maps. It
would not be a great stretch to use RDF as the semantics of concept
maps. RDF does have a semantics now that

The reason for picking this approach is that basing a semantics of CM
on KIF or CL pushes you in a direction that is not especially
helpful. (I.e., you start wanting to add in the extra features you
get in a logic language; but in fact most CMs are assertional in
nature.)

So, the technical route is there. I wonder if the political will is too?

Frank