Subject: Re: [soa-rm] FEA Data Reference Model (DRM) 2.0 Now Final

Hi Joe,

Was this 2.07, for which I was just finishing up my review? If so,
there are some areas that need to be revisited at some point. I will
finish up the review as I can. I'm concerned by the fact that the
word "ontology" was avoided, including the entirety of the concept,
in favor of a very data-centric v. semantic-centric underpinning. I
think this loses what will be the essential working basis for
extending real interoperabiity as opposed to
exchange-package-specific shuffling/conversion of data between
operational systems. Too bad I came down with pneumonia right in the
middle of finally reviewing it, and have since been overwhelmed with
trying to catch up with my own projects. Sigh.

However, congratulations on getting it to this point, as difficult as
it was! It is 100% better than it was and represents a major
improvement and a huge step in the right direction. BTW, I do
understand that one takes what one can get under certain
circumstances, for which this circumstance certainly qualified in
spades. So take a deep breath, give yourself a well-deserved pat on
the back and remember, like many another process, this was just
another step in the journey, and we need to start planning for the
next step, lest everyone think, "Phew! Glad That's Done!" Might as
well get used to the idea of having the ever-receding concept
"destination" move beyond us as we approach so tantalizingly close.
It is just that, the reach that always just exceeds our grasp.

Congratulations,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks