Subject: Re: [soa-rm] On shared state

Jeff:
  Well, I would be OK with the current wording. I simply suggested
the new paragraph in order to help with explanation.
  As far as the other points are concerned:
1. coupling. in an RA discussion we had already decided on the
'correct' interpretation of loose vs tight coupling: a system is
loosely coupled if the constraints on their interoperation is at a
logical minimum. A system is tightly coupled if there are additional
constraints which do not directly contribute to their interoperation.
As I see it, this does not directly impact the issue of shared state.
2. view. I can see the potential for confusion; but English is a
blunt instrument that forces us to use  a mallet where a pin-hammer
is appropriate.
3. shared state. I agree that this has been the subject of much
discussion. However, in my observations of industry, I would be
forced to conclude that a lot of people still 'don't get it' :)
Frank