Subject: SOA-RM Success Story (Guest Lecturer)

Last night I was a Guest Lecturer on SOA-RM to a graduate class at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA. The course was on Knowledge Management, but the professor has been presenting a very broad curicculum including semantic technologies (including RDF and OWL) as well as SOA. The class asked me some great questions on SOA as well as our reference model - to include some of the major areas of debate that we have had over the past year (e.g. why aren't multiple services depicted in the RM, why is orchestration not a part of it, etc.) - so I explained our rationale in making these decisions.

Also, FWIW the class thought that our decision to defer considering the inclusion of relationship names to our next version was the right move (sometimes you just have to get V1 out the door and then build on it).

Associate
Booz Allen Hamilton

700 13th St. NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005