Subject: status and near term activities for SOA-RAF

The Reference Architecture Foundation for Service Oriented Architecture (SOA-RAF) was released last summer for public review.  The review extended until November and we collected over 300 comments.  Those comments have all been adjudicated.  Many of the comments were straightforward, such as typos, and a few dozen were more substantive and provided more of a challenge in structuring clear, concise expositions of the intended concepts.  The SOA-RAF subcommittee is dealing with a few final loose ends and, after our own quality and completeness check, will be submitting the document to the full SOA-RM TC for adoption as a new Committee Specification.  This will then be submitted for a final public review.

I expect the full TC meeting to be scheduled for early to mid-August.  In the meantime, the latest document and the issues spreadsheet documenting the adjudication is available from Kavi at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-rm-ra/download.php/46435/SOA-RAF-v0.8.zip .  I encourage you to download the zip file and begin familiarizing yourself with what is very close to the document on which you will be voting.

We have put in a lot of work and are nearing completion.  Our many interactions with other standards efforts are documented in Appendix D, and these communities are also very interested in final product.

Keep an eye out for the TC meeting announcement.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:        703-983-1379