Subject: Fwd: [chairs] US Daylight Savings Time starts this weekend

It’s that time of year again.  This morning, the US went on Daylight Savings Time.  Depending on whether/when your location goes to Daylight Savings Time, this week’s meeting will be an hour off from its usual time.  I will be sending out dial-in information in the next day or so, and you who know you are caught in the change should transform times accordingly.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S F510          phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                           fax: 703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Date: March 11, 2016 at 10:33:12 AM EST

Chairs, sorry for the late notice. I thought that DST in the US started at the end of the month. My thanks to Martin Chapman who has lived through this time burp many many times and remembers to keep track of it lest TC members be attempting to join meetings an hour early or an hour late.

This should largely sort itself out by March 27th, when most of Europe resets and we're all back in sync again.

For the complete list of daylight shenanigans, including the growing list of countries that have decided this makes no practical sense whatsoever and just leave their clocks alone, see http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2016.html

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393