Subject: Re: a pity conclusion

Michael,

I think we had the vision but we didn’t always elaborate on the enabling concepts.  Others jumped in with ESBs and UDDI registries to fill the void, and those of us who saw these as more anti-patterns were overwhelmed by the middleware sales pitch.  I think things like microservices and containers now provide (some of) the missing enablers.  My gut feel is there are still missing pieces.  However, the new generation are off rediscovering some of the things we knew (or at least expected) those ten years ago.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H330          phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                           fax: 703-983-7996
McLean VA 22102-7508