spectools message

Subject: Re: [spectools] Templates for OASIS Specifications

/ Yves Savourel <ysavourel@translate.com> was heard to say:
| For the specification documents that are of XML vocabularies, there is
| generally a corresponding DTD or (probably more and more) a schema. Some of
| those schemas provide room for embedded documentation so the schema can be
| converted into a clean and nice looking documentation with XSL for example.
| This way the editor has only one document to maintain.
|
| Will we be looking into this type of mechanism? Or maybe even does anything
| like this is already in place?

Yes, that's definitely "on my radar" as a tools issue. In fact, I
already have some stuff that works that way (for producing the Entity
Resolution TC document), but I haven't packaged it up for general
distribution yet.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | Nothing will ever be attempted, if all
XML Standards Engineer | possible objections must be first