spectools message

Subject: [spectools] Re: OASIS copyright notice

I have updated the Word sample document.  I also revised the spectools
page to reflect both the new Word version and the new DocBook version
created by Norm:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/spectools/

	Eve

Karl F. Best wrote:
> OASIS TC and MS chairs:
>
> Patrick and I have noted that the copyright statement in the OASIS IPR
> Policy, section 4(c) uses a name other than our legal corporate name.
>
>   "Copyright (C) The Organization for the Advancement of
>   Structured Information Standards [OASIS] (date). All Rights
>   Reserved."
>
> This copyright statement should refer to the legal name of the
> corporation, "OASIS Open". I asked our corporate counsel about this
> and his reply was that we should consider this a typographical error
> and simply make the change going forward.
>
> So this should be changed to
>
>   "Copyright (C) OASIS Open (date). All Rights Reserved."
>
> I have had this changed on the IPR Policy on the web site at
> http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.shtml. Please ask
> your TC editor to make this change in any copies of the spec that you
> have not yet published; there is no need to change anything that has
> already been published.
>
> Norm and Eve: will you please change this in the spectools templates?
>

> </karl>
> Karl F. Best
> OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
> +1 978.667.5115 x206
> karl.best@oasis-open.org  http://www.oasis-open.org

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 883 5917
XML Web Services / Industry Initiatives      eve.maler @ sun.com