tag-discuss message

Subject: RE: [tag-discuss] the role of an XML mark-up for TAs

Dave,
Yes agree we need to focus on a charter.
From my end I think that the work is good and is needed.
Abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Pawson [mailto:dave.pawson@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 1:31 PM
To: Barbir, Abbie (CAR:1A14)
Cc: tag-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org

On 24/11/06, Abbie Barbir <abbieb@nortel.com> wrote:

> So what is the overall mood at this point.
> Is a TC a good idea or still too early in the game?
> Do we have enough mass to start one at this stage?
> I have seen the beginintg of a psooible charter. I did not see a lot
> of scoping/disagreement so far.

One possible interpretation (just my 2 cents worth).
The level of discussion on finer points could point to acceptance of the
idea;

I'd certainly support it, same rationale as that which drives the W3C QA
activity? To get better (verifiable) specs from Oasis.

Unsure if another step is required prior to convening a TC, but perhaps
a more detailed charter may be a next step/

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.