tag-discuss message

Subject: Re: Test case metadata...

DM>>This gives me a chance to clarify something about automation in
>>testing. There are two thoughts...
>>1. Automation to run a set of test cases...
>>2. Automation could be used...to create [test materials, meaning
>>   the inputs needed to run a test]

DP>David, are you ignoring the motion to put executable tests
>out of scope?

I thought I was actually drawing the line more clearly. Item (1)
above and test case metadata are out of scope. Item (2) should be
kept in mind when designing the TAs, but I wouldn't expect the TC
(if there is a need for a TC) to design (2), just to not design
the TAs so badly that another design will be needed later to
support (2).
.................David Marston