tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Test Assertion Modeling - comments, etc

On 14/08/07, stephen.green@systml.co.uk <stephen.green@systml.co.uk> wrote:
> Having to rethink the idea of test assertions for this SBS rule -
From your comments it appears that you are trying to use a test assertion
for all levels. I'm clear that's not right.

At some level a Turing complete language will be required.
It's unreasonable to lump all this into a declarative assertion statement(s).

> The document which conforms to the spec, a UBL SBS document,
> is a kind of spec itself - it specifies some business, whether
> a payment that needs to be made in conformance to an invoice
> or a supply of goods or services in conformance to an order.
> The spec is kind of saying with this SBS rule that certain
> specified parts of that document should be regarded as
> informative only. Now how on earth can you test for that? :-)

If it's informative it's not tested? Tests only test firm requirements.
Further, only requirements which are verifiable.

At some point a clear scoping document/paragraph/section will be
needed to draw a line above which TAG is not interested.

From this thread I'd suggest that the line is close, but below, the
application layer?

regards

--