tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] Draft write-up for Anatomy of a TA section

Lynne :

thanks a lot for comments - resending editable form (.doc - if you need open office let me know) within the hour, after fixing what you noticed.

Jacques

From: Lynne Rosenthal [mailto:lsr@nist.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 7:35 AM
To: Durand, Jacques R.; tag@lists.oasis-open.org

A few comments.

(note: it would be very helpful to have this write-up in an editable form, rather than pdf)

We need to define ‘test’ and its relationship to TA and be careful that we don’t equate the two.

Bullet 1: “The specification requirement(s) that it intends to verify”

Don’t use the word ‘verify’ - too many definitions of what verifies means.  In fact, the TA doesn’t verify the requirement, the test verifies it.  Suggest, replacing with ‘that it addresses’

Bullet 2: suggest replacing text in ( ) with ‘(the target of the test)’.  It is better to have a positive statement than negative.  Also, an object doesn’t fail the TA, it fails the test that is the instantiation of the TA.

--Lynne