tag message

Subject: Editorial Memo: Multiple specifications, etc

Greetings TAG TC

As we are in the stages of trying to find agreement
on the remaining issues and I have a few main issues
awaiting resolution for which I'd like to be able to add
something more than a placeholder in the new draft
guidelines document, I'd like to revisit agreeing some
text for the Multiple Specifications topic.

Could we consider my adding the examples from
Jacques to the text from Kevin (replacing the examples
showing specs as targets with examples showing use
of prerequisites instead)?

However, I'd really feel it more in line with the rest of
the guidelines examples to have some examples
more akin to a mechanical widget. This is for two
reasons - one being that we want something which
doesn't only apply to one software technology; the
other being we need the examples to all fit together
into a fairly realistic spec with a corresponding TA set
for our worked examples Appendix.

Maybe I'll think of something but I'm trying to avoid
multiple iterations before the F2F so the F2F can start
with some broad agreement, as suggested.

Also, I'd note we have some placeholder text in the
Versions section but this is just that - placeholder -
and it would be great if over the next couple of days
I could produce a draft without placeholders. 'Dig, dig'.
:-)

While these are tricky sections to get right I recall we
have a directive/suggestion to go with what is simple
enough to be uncontrovertible for the timebeing with
this document and defer complex and advanced
discussions and especially more debatable aspects
to a future document. I'm loathe to put a note to this
effect in the current document though because we
don't seem to me to have enough certainty that we
can see such a future document on the horizon as
yet.

I'm just trying to accelerate things today as I happen
to have a decent window of time over the next few
days in which to do perhaps more quality of work on
the next draft.

Also any suggested text for the Prior Art appendix over
the next day or so would be appreciated.

All the best

Best regards

--
Stephen D. Green