tag message

Subject: Comments on Section 3, and proposal to split the Prereq subsection

See my comments in the wiki ( tagged [jacques]) for the beginning of Section 3.
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tag/TestAssertionGuidelines

My suggestion is to split the previous "Prerequisite" section in two, and to move (part of) the Prerequisite section just after 3.1 "Complex Predicates".

The subsections at the beginning of Section 3 become:

3.1 Complex Predicates
3.2 Prerequisites
suggest to move the core of "prerequisite" section here, while leaving the more advanced case of prerequisites (with references to other test assertions) after the "Test Assertions for Properties" section. Reason: now that prerequisites include any kind of precondition - not just refs to other TAs - they are a very common TA feature (e.g. "context" in Schematron, "precondition" in WS-I). Most prerequisites will just be "conditions" that do NOT refer to other TAs. Just after the Complex Predicates section is a good place to introduce simple prerequisites based on the example in 3.1, and to contrast with the "complex predicate" solution.
3.3 Test Assertions for Properties
3.4 Prerequisites Referring to Other Test Assertions
Here the special case of prereqs that refer to other TAs, is handled. Must be AFTER " 3.3 TA for Properties" subsection, because makes use of these new TAs.

See in the wiki how that flows.

Jacques