tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] a proposal for "multiple" elements in Target, Prerequisite, Predicate

I'd only add that prerequisite and predicate may need the multiple occurance
of the prose sub-element to allow for multiple human languages. The trouble
then arises of how to handle both the prose and the expression being multi-
occurance. It seems to need the matching of the prose to just or of the 'expr'
elements or perhaps to the sum expression all of the 'expr' elements. I would
prefer to see the 'name' attribute at the 'prerequisite' level:

<prerequisite name="youngauthor">
<prose lg="en">...</prose>
<prose lg="fr">...</prose>
<prose lg="jp">...</prose>
<expr lg="XPath" > (a boolean expression, e.g. age less
 35) </expr>
</prerequisite>
<prerequisite name="prolific">
<prerequisite name="international">
<prerequisite name="primary">
<prose lg="en">...</prose>
<prose lg="fr">...</prose>
<prose lg="jp">...</prose>
<expr lg="XPath"> ( a boolean expression, that states the
 overall prereq expression, e.g.: $youngauthor and ($prolific
 or  $international) </expr>
</prerequisite>

Then it is clear that all of the prose contents for a single
prerequisite apply to the
same expression.

- Steve

PS: apologies for missing call yesterday - was coming back from
holiday and forgot
it would mean getting back too late for the call.