tag message

Subject: Comment 2: about properties & prescription level ("TA for Properties")

Comment: when the TA is addressing a property, i.e. the predicate participates in defining a "property", the indication about this - so far - is the presence of a tag named "normative_property".

Tag: normative_property = medium-sized

However nothing is said about how to interpret the Prescription level in that case:
- does it applies to this Property? (e.g. MUST means "mandatory" for qualifying the target for this property)

Proposal:
We could "annotate" the prescription level element with the property name in such a case.
This annotation is informal in the model:
Prescription Level: mandatory (for medium-sized)

But could be an additional attribute @property to the Prescription element in the mark-up.

NOTE 1: we should allow for some flexibility: a TA could actually be used for several properties...
But the prescription level is unique and should target just one.

NOTE 2: prescription level  and normative_property should remain as "annotations" and not expected to have a precise more formal semantics for the TA:
e.g. in case "mid-size" is a consequence of either "mid-length" (TA 123) or "mid-volume" (TA 234) then either TA123 or TA234 MUST be satisfied...  so what is the prescription level  supposed to be for each one? (mandatory? but not true as either one of these two TAs need to pass. Preferred? not meaningful. Permitted? yes but does not convey that either one MUST pass).
So really we'll count on a TA set or more to express this - or on a meta-level TA taht will have as predicate: (TA123 = true OR TA234 = true)
So no need to sweat it on the prescription level  :  I would still use "mandatory" here as an indication that in some cases, the TA MUST pass for this property. But not give it more meaning.

Jacques