tag message

Subject: TAG TC 2010-10-26 Meeting Minutes - CORRECTION

CORRECTION: I had misreported the wording of the motion for requesting
ballots of our Committee Drafts.
See < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201010/msg00006.html>.  This
update corrects the wording of the motion to reflect the accurate recording
of it from the meeting.

Test Assertions Guidelines (TAG) TC Teleconference Meeting

Logistics:
----------

Tuesday 2pm (PDT), 21:00Z, 26 October 2010

Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806
Passcode: 9589308

Attendance and Quorum
---------------------

MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

4/4 Voting Members attending: 3/4 requirement for quorum was satisfied

 * Jacques Durand, Chair (Fujitsu)
 * Dennis Hamilton, Secretary (Individual)
 * Frederick Boland (NIST)
 + Kevin Looney (Oracle)
 * Paul Rank (Oracle)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (4)
  +: Becomes voting member following this teleconference meeting]

MEMBERS ABSENT

   Dale Moberg (Axway Software)
   Youngkon Lee (Individual)
   Kyoung_Rog Yi (National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Korea)
 = Patrick Curran (Oracle)
   Dmitry Kostovarov, (Oracle)
   Victor Rudometov, (Oracle)
   Hyunbo Cho (Pohang University of Science & Technology)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (0)
  -: Becomes non-Voting member at conclusion of the meeting (0)
  =: Persistent non-Voting Member at start and conclusion of meeting (1)]

1. ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS

1.1 APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
  <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201009/msg00002.html>
  The 2010-09-14 Meeting Minutes were approved without objection

1.2 APPROVAL OF AGENDA
  <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201010/msg00001.html>
  The agenda was followed.

1.3 ACTION ITEMS AND JIRA ISSUES
   There are no new or unapplied issues.
   We did not review Action Items.  It appears that we could have closed
some more.

* AI1-Aug17: [Jacques/Dennis] Create an account of the disposition of Public
Review comments in an appropriate form.

* AI1-June23: [Kevin] Review the guidelines to see if there is a need for
more alignment now that the model document has been refined.

* AI3-June23: [Jacques] Note that the UML diagram must change on test set to
align with the change in language.

* AI4-June23 [Jacques] Update the XML Schema for the Markup to reflect the
changes being made.

* AI2-June9: [Jacques] Create an issue on the Normative Source Structure and
how we propose to simplify it.

 2. PLANS FOR AFTER PUBLIC REVIEW

The Public Review ended on 2010-10-16.  There were no new Public Comments
nor comments from the TC.
We have concluded that there are no changes required to the Public Review
Committee Drafts.

 2.1 MOTION FOR COMMITTEE SPECIFICATION BALLOT
  That the TC Administrator be requested to initiate a Committee
Specification ballot for TA Model and TA Markup, with Committee Note ballot
for TA Guidelines:

   * Test Assertions Part 1 - Test Assertions Model Version 1.0 (CD02)
   * Test Assertions Part 2 - Test Assertion Markup Language Version 1.0
(CD02)
   * Test Assertions Guidelines Version 1.0 (CD05)

   Moved: Dennis Hamilton
   Seconded: Frederick Boland
   Approved by Unanimous Consent (no objections, no abstentions)

   Jacques will communicate our request to the TC Administrator and
determine any adjustments we need to make with regard to current process
requirements.

 2.2 FURTHER STEPS

   We reviewed the roadmap.  It remains our intention to advance TA Model
and TA Markup to OASIS Standard, with TA Guidelines remaining a Committee
Specification / Committee Note.

   Jacques had been reviewing some use of the Test Assertions with SCA and
noticed that there seems to be some difficulty in use of Test Assertion
Target, although there does not seem to be much difficulty with the
Predicate and other features.  It needs to be emphasized in future materials
that the Target is what, at the end of the day, it is desired to make a
conformance statement about.  It is not an individual feature/provision as
some seem to take it.

   We also discussed further promotion of the use of Test Assertion
Guidelines among other TCs and external activities.  The need for adoption
statements was also reviewed, as well as the movement of OASIS to have our
consortium standards be eligible to become de jure standards (ISO, etc.)
where national organizations want them.  Having test assertions can
encourage the precision and desirability of OASIS standards for
interoperability.

  3. NEXT MEETING
The next call will be on TUESDAY November 23.  We should have concluded the
Committee Specification electronic ballot at that time and will discuss next
steps based on that.

 - Dennis E. Hamilton