tag message

Subject: TAG TC 2010-11-09 Meeting Minutes

Test Assertions Guidelines (TAG) TC Teleconference Meeting

Logistics:
----------

Tuesday 2pm (PDT), 22:00Z, 9 November 2010

Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806
Passcode: 9589308

Attendance and Quorum
---------------------

MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

5/5 Voting Members attending: 3/5 requirement for quorum was satisfied

 * Jacques Durand, Chair (Fujitsu)
 * Dennis Hamilton, Secretary (Individual)
 * Frederick Boland (NIST)
 * Kevin Looney (Oracle)
 * Paul Rank (Oracle)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (5)
  +: Becomes voting member following this teleconference meeting (0)]

MEMBERS ABSENT

   Dale Moberg (Axway Software)
   Youngkon Lee (Individual)
   Kyoung_Rog Yi (National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Korea)
 = Patrick Curran (Oracle)
   Dmitry Kostovarov, (Oracle)
   Victor Rudometov, (Oracle)
   Hyunbo Cho (Pohang University of Science & Technology)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (0)
  -: Becomes non-Voting member at conclusion of the meeting (0)
  =: Persistent non-Voting Member at start and conclusion of meeting (1)]

1. ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS

1.1 APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
  The 2010-10-26 Minutes were not reviewed on this call.

1.2 APPROVAL OF AGENDA
  < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201011/msg00000.html>
  The agenda was followed.

1.3 ACTION ITEMS AND JIRA ISSUES
   There are no new or unapplied issues.
   We did not review Action Items.  It appears that we could have closed
some more.

* AI1-Aug17: [Jacques/Dennis] Create an account of the disposition of Public
Review comments in an appropriate form.

* AI1-June23: [Kevin] Review the guidelines to see if there is a need for
more alignment now that the model document has been refined.

* AI3-June23: [Jacques] Note that the UML diagram must change on test set to
align with the change in language.

* AI4-June23 [Jacques] Update the XML Schema for the Markup to reflect the
changes being made.

* AI2-June9: [Jacques] Create an issue on the Normative Source Structure and
how we propose to simplify it.

 2. MOVING THE TA GUIDELINES TO COMMITTEE SPECIFICATION VOTE

Jacques reviewed the situation and why we would have to start over to make
the Test Assertions Guidelines into a Committee Note.  He had confirmed that
it is all right to approve it as a Committee Specification, since it
satisfies the format for that already.  There are examples of other TCs
taking informative material to Committee Specification and stopping there.
The SCA TC even does that with their test assertions documents.

 2.1 MOTION FOR COMMITTEE SPECIFICATION BALLOT
  That the TC Administrator be requested to initiate a Committee
Specification ballot for Test Assertions Guidelines Version 1.0 (CD05).

   Moved: Dennis Hamilton
   Seconded: Kevin Looney
   Approved by Unanimous Consent (no objections, no abstentions)

   Jacques will communicate our request to the TC Administrator.

  3. CREATE LOG ON THE DISPOSITION OF PUBLIC COMMENTS

  Jacques had prepared a draft log based on the Public Review comments
received for the three TAG TC documents.  The "Resolution" statements will
be changed to "Disposition" statements and the details collapsed to
basically short statement of what was done as the result of the comment.

  Dennis will open a new JIRA issue on one TAG-comment submission that came
in outside of Public Review, so we can manage its disposition with the
others and inform the contributor of the disposition.

  3. NEXT MEETING
The next call will be on TUESDAY November 30.  We should have concluded the
Committee Specification electronic ballot at that time and will discuss next
steps based on that.

Respectfully submitted,

 - Dennis E. Hamilton