tag message

Subject: TAG TC 2011-03-29 Meeting Minutes

Test Assertions Guidelines (TAG) TC Teleconference Meeting

Date: Tuesday 29 March 2011

Time: 02:00pm (PDT), 21:00Z

CONTINUING ACTION: Everyone review the draft changes and any other adjustments that are noticed before we revise the TA Model, TA Markup, and TA Guidelines drafts for a new cycle of CSD, Public Review, and Committee Specification Approval.

   See these list notices and any subsequent ones discussing changes:

   TA Model: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201103/msg00012.html

     [Later: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201104/msg00000.html ]

   TA Markup: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201103/msg00013.html

     [Later: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201104/msg00001.html ]

Logistics:

----------

Tuesday 2pm (PDT), 21:00Z, 29 March 2011

Host confcall: Fujitsu

 US Toll Free: 877-995-3314

US Toll/International: 210-339-1806

Passcode: 9589308

Attendance and Quorum

---------------------

MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

5/5 Voting Members attending: 3/5 requirement for quorum was satisfied

  * Jacques Durand, Chair (Fujitsu)

  * Dennis Hamilton, Secretary (Individual)

  * Frederick Boland (NIST)

  * Kevin Looney (Oracle)

  * Paul Rank (Oracle)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (5)

  +: Becomes voting member following this teleconference meeting (0)]

MEMBERS ABSENT

   Dale Moberg (Axway Software)

   Hyunbo Cho (Individual)

   Youngkon Lee (Individual)

   Kyoung_Rog Yi (National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Korea) = Patrick Curran (Oracle)

   Dmitry Kostovarov, (Oracle)

   Victor Rudometov, (Oracle)

[*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (0)

  -: Becomes non-Voting member at conclusion of the meeting (0)

  =: Persistent non-Voting Member at start and conclusion of meeting (1)]

1. ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS

1.1 APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES

  The 2011-03-17 Minutes were approved without objection

   < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201103/msg00011.html>

1.2 APPROVAL OF AGENDA

  < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201103/msg00014.html>

  The agenda was followed.

1.3 ACTION ITEMS AND JIRA ISSUES

   There are no new or unapplied issues.

   We have not review Action Items in a few meetings.  It appears that we could have closed some more.  The following are continued from November, 2010:

* AI1-Aug17: [Jacques/Dennis] Create an account of the disposition of Public Review comments in an appropriate form.

* AI1-June23: [Kevin] Review the guidelines to see if there is a need for more alignment now that the model document has been refined.

* AI3-June23: [Jacques] Note that the UML diagram must change on test set to align with the change in language.

* AI4-June23 [Jacques] Update the XML Schema for the Markup to reflect the changes being made.

* AI2-June9: [Jacques] Create an issue on the Normative Source Structure and how we propose to simplify it.

2. ROADMAP FOR STANDARD SUBMISSION

Jacques reviewed the general goal to submit for CSD review very soon in April, then make Committee Specification.  The Public Review might take 30 days or less.   Then we could submit the new standards-track Committee Specifications as Candidate Standards for 60-day Public Review over the Summer.  We would not request approval as an OASIS Standard in September or so.  It all depends on how quickly we wrap up the CSDs we are working on now.

3. PREPARING FOR NEW TA MODEL CSD

We reviewed the latest, March 24, working draft based on the last meeting comments.

We agree to removal of Test Set without objection.

There is more discussion of section 3.3 and the way to deal with it as informational/non-normative, etc.  Jacques will make a new draft based on his thinking on this matter.

4. PREPARING FOR NEW TA MARKUP CSD

We reviewed the latest, March 24, working draft based on the last meeting comments.

There is impact on the TA Guidelines (because of proposed changes in the TA Set markup).

We will keep the simplified TA Set, with some fixes to glitches that were found in the discussion.

We now need to update the TA Guidelines as well.

5. NEXT MEETING

The next meeting is 2011-04-12 at 21:00Z (02:00pm PDT, 05:00pm EDT)

It is important that the new drafts that come out after this meeting be reviewed as quickly and thoroughly as we can, so that we can advance to approved CSDs followed by Public Review as soon as possible.

- Dennis E. Hamilton