tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] ID consistency

It occurred to me that it is easier to name foreign keys than with the toXYZ device.

Replace testAssertionRef/@id with testAssertionRef/@ta (the typical way a foreign key is identified by using the name of the target domain).

If we need to ever make a testAssertionSet reference, we can just use @taset.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2011 13:22
To: 'Jacques Durand'; tag@lists.oasis-open.org

[ .. ]

Looking at your proposed consistency change, I would do this:

Leave testAssertion/@id as the primary key identifier of the testAssertion

Use testAssertionRef/@toid for the id of the referenced testAssertion

Use testAssertionSet/@setid as the primary key identifier of the testAssertionSet and use the same datatype and specify that it is the single nominal identifier domain in which all ids must be distinct.  (For two domains, the semantic conditions on uniqueness are restated and there is now no ref that can refer to either kind).

Use @tosetid if we ever need a (foreign-key) way to reference a testAssertionSet by its identifier.

 - Dennis

[ ... ]