tag message

Subject: ISO submission

From my Fujitsu OASIS board member, who has experience with ISO submissions:

The fact is that the application is tedious, but not difficult. The tough questions have to do with who will maintain the Standard, IPR considerations and later responding to country comments and criticisms. These latter come up as a result of all the countries reviewing the proposal and voting on its approval.

If I recall correctly, it takes about 3 months to get the application accepted, then about a year for the reviews and comments, and then another 6 months for ISO to publish it as an ISO Standard. Jamie can correct these estimates if his experience is different from mine. “

-jacques