tax message

Subject: Re: [tax] Draft Tax XML teleconference minutes

It seems that initially focusing on indirect tax may be a good choice for a
number of the reasons suggested.  The breadth of the information
requirements, the impact to business operations, the interest in the
business community in work being done in this area and what appears to be a
general familiarity with the issues and complexities of indirect taxes of
the members of our committee all seem to suggest that we can gain some
momentum and produce some useful work.

John

                      Alex Fiteni
                      <alex.fiteni@orac        To:       "H.J.M. van Burg" <hjvanburg@burgcomm.nl>
                      le.com>                  cc:       'Peter Horsburgh' <peterhor@microsoft.com>, tax@lists.oasis-open.org
                      03/05/2003 05:02
                      PM

Indirect tax should be a key focus area.  The regulatory frameworks,
frequent changes in legislation, as well as the extensive fiscal
reporting requirements impact business operations more 'directly'.
There is a higher  frequency of reporting and much larger volumes of
information required to satisfy indirect tax compliance than corporate
income tax compliance.  The latter tends to be much more complex in
aggregate to meet.

Alex