tax message

Subject: Update on discussion with UBL TC

All,

As those of you who were at the Toronto meeting will know, we resolved,
after the UBL presentation from Ken Holman, to get to the bottom of
the issues around the potential embedding of XBRL payloads in UBL
conformant documents. Since returning from Toronto I've been in email
dialog with Jon Bosak, chair of the UBL TC, with a view to resolving
the different viewpoints so that we could decide whether it was worth
contributing to the UBL post-1.0 Beta planning meeting Nov 3-7.

The dialog has culminated in me providing a worked example, based on IR's
own Corporation Tax service, of the sort of embedded XBRL payloads that
we would want to consider using. In the process I've also had to provide
a summary of the workings of XBRL for the Schema experts on the UBL Naming
& Design Rules subcommittee.

I was expecting an answer about now, but Jon has informed me that UBL
are running a bit late with the production of UBL 1.0 Beta, which has two
consequences: 1) the N&DR experts won't have time to consider the example
for a few weeks, and 2) the planning meeting they had scheduled for Nov 3-7
has now turned into a working session to finalise the Beta release.

As a result, there is no longer an urgent need to get resolution so that
we could consider sending someone to the meeting. There will be a later
planning meeting, and in the meantime we still have the opportunity to
get some resolution of the issues once the N&DR subcommittee can turn
their minds to it. When I have more on that I'll post a summary here.

	Andy
--

Andy Greener                         Mob: +44 7836 331933
GID Ltd, Reading, UK                 Tel: +44 118 956 1248