tc-announce message

Subject: RESEND: OASIS Call For Vote: CAP

Due to a small number of voting representatives being left off of the
roster for this ballot, I have recreated the ballot with an uppdated
roster. This required my closing the original ballot then opening a new
one; you should have received automated notices stating this. For those
voting representatives who have already cast a vote I have moved your
vote to the new ballot; you are free to verify that I did this correctly.

Those voting representatives who were added to the roster will be
receiving this Call For Vote for the first time.

-Karl

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [tc-announce] OASIS Call For Vote: CAP
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:20:12 -0500
From: "Karl F. Best" <karl.best@oasis-open.org>
To: voting@lists.oasis-open.org,  tc-announce@lists.oasis-open.org

This is a Call For Vote to approve the following Committee Draft as an
OASIS Standard:

* Common Alerting Protocol v1.0 Committee Draft from the OASIS Emergency
Management TC (see the review materials at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200403/msg00001.html)

The Committee Draft has had its required 30 day public review, and the
review materials were sent out to the membership of OASIS for the
required 15-day familiarization period. As the required review and
familiarization periods have now been completed it is time to vote. (The
applicable section of the TC Process is at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#standard)

As each OASIS member organization has only one vote, employees of your
organization should have sent their input to you, their voting
representative, so that you can decide how to vote on behalf of your
organization.

The voting representative from each OASIS member organization should
submit the organization's vote by 11:45 p.m. ET 31 March 2004.

Voting will be conducted using the OASIS collaborative tools. To cast
your ballots, go to the voting group page at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ and select the link
for Open Ballots.

You may change your ballot until the time that balloting closes. Ballots
will be publicly archived. Comments are not solicited as the
specifications have already had a public review period.

You will need to login to the collaborative tools in order to cast your
ballots; if you have not yet obtained your username and password please
contact Scott McGrath (scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org) for help.

-Karl