tc-announce message

Subject: FW: Guidelines for Filenames, URIs, Namespaces and Metadata

To OASIS Members:

We are pleased to announce that the "Guidelines for Filenames,URIs, Namespaces, and Metadata" has been approved and is posted at http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/resourceNaming.html. We would like to thank the OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB) and all those that took time to review and comment on numerous drafts. This document will be updated from time to time; notification of updates will be posted to the members list. TC members will likely not find any surprises in the Naming Guidelines document, since it formalizes practices that TC Administration has been requesting of specification editors in connection with documents published to the OASIS Open Library.

The rules presented in this document are concerned chiefly with resources targeted for publication in the OASIS Open Library (http://docs.oasis-open.org/) and not with resources submitted to a TC's Kavi repository. We continue to ask for your feedback and suggestions for future updates.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Manager of TC Administration, OASIS