tc-announce message

Subject: CORRECTION: Informal Public Review of BIAS SOAP Profile v1.0

The BIAS Integration TC has developed and is seeking review and comment on
the current draft of the Biometric Identity Assurance Services (BIAS) SOAP
Profile document. BIAS is intended to provide a method to remotely invoke
biometric operations and access biometric resources over a SOAP-based Web
Services framework. This SOAP profile is a companion document to the INCITS
442 BIAS standard which defines the base BIAS operations and associated data
elements.

The public review starts today, 21 January 2009, and ends 7 March 2009 (45
days). This is an open invitation to comment. We strongly encourage feedback
from potential users, developers and others, whether OASIS members or not,
for the sake of improving the interoperability and quality of OASIS work.
Please feel free to distribute this announcement within your organization
and to other appropriate mail lists.

In particular, the OASIS BIAS TC is looking for feedback, though not
exclusively, in the following areas:

.        Completeness of operations (have we defined all that are needed)
.        Is the message specification well-formed and follow expected
usage/formats?
.        Identification of missing information (information that would be
useful in a profile such as this)
.        Consistency with best practices and WS-I
.        The issues identified in (temporary) Annex G

Comments may be submitted to the TC by any person through the use of the
OASIS TC Comment Facility which can be located via the button marked "Send A
Comment" at the top of the Committee's home page at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=bias, or directly
at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=bias. All
comments submitted to OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback License, which
ensures that the feedback you provide carries the same obligations at least
as the obligations of the TC members.

Editable Source:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/bias/soap-profile/v1.0/biasprofile-1.0-wd-07.doc

PDF:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/bias/soap-profile/v1.0/biasprofile-1.0-wd-07.pdf

HTML:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/bias/soap-profile/v1.0/biasprofile-1.0-wd-07.html

We welcome your comments.

Mary P McRae
Director, Technical Committee Administration
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
phone: 1.603.232.9090