tc-announce message

Subject: Clarification of OASIS WS-DD TC Charter

OASIS members:

The OASIS Web Services Discovery and Web Services Devices Profile (WS-DD) Technical Committee voted on 8 May 2009 to clarify its charter by adding the following to the Deliverables section:

  1.  Update the references in DPWS to WS-Eventing, WS-MetadataExchange, and WS-Transfer specifications to reference the W3C Recommendation version of those specifications, and profile those specifications as necessary to accommodate changes included in them;
  2. Update the reference in DPWS to WS-I Basic Profile Version 1.1 specification to reference the WS-I Basic Profile 2.0 specification, if that specification is approved in WS-I prior to or at approximately the same time as approval of the relevant W3C Recommendations produced by the W3C WS-ResourceAccess Working Group;
  3. Incorporate Substantive Changes resulting from (a) reconsideration of technical issues originally introduced to the TC prior to approval of Version 1.1 of DPWS, WS-Discovery, and SOAP-over-UDP specifications but deferred for later consideration, (b) resolution of specification ambiguities or flaws identified through implementation experience or interoperability testing of elements of Version 1.1 of DPWS, WS-Discovery, and SOAP-over-UDP specifications; and (c) further  specification profiling, clarification, and enhancing of security in DPWS identified through implementation experience or interoperability testing; and,
  4. Incorporate previous Approved Errata and other corrections, clarifications and editorial changes that are not Substantive Changes.

The ballot is located at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=1681

The new charter is posted at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ws-dd/charter.php

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Technical Committee Administration
twitter: fiberartisan #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090