tc-voting message

Subject: Pearson Education votes YES on the DocBook specification...

Pearson Education votes YES on the DocBook specification:

"The DocBook Technical Committee has submitted DocBook v4.1.2, an XML
version of the DTD, and v4.1, an SGML version of the DTD, and certifies that
these are valid DTDs of their type. The DTDs may be found at
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/ and
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/sgml/4.1/"

Dr. Sunthar Visuvalingam
Director of Research and Development
InformIT (Pearson Education)
sunthar.visuvalingam@informit.com
www.informit.com
(317) 817-7095 (work)
201 West, 103rd Street,
Indianapolis, IN 46290

-----Original Message-----
From: karl.best@oasis-open.org [mailto:karl.best@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 5:35 PM
To: members@lists.oasis-open.org; tc-announce@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: kfbest@earthlink.net
Subject: reminder: OASIS ballot for DocBook DTD

Just a reminder that voting for the proposed DocBook specification ends on
31 January. My thanks to the OASIS member organizations who have already
voted. If your organization hasn't voted yet please do so soon.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206

that the schedule for balloting was wrong in that original call for votes).

The OASIS membership now has 30 days to respond to this ballot; balloting
will close on 31 January 2001. One vote from each OASIS member organization
is allowed and requested. Votes should be sent to
tc-voting@lists.oasis-open.org. You should state the name of the OASIS
member organization and the vote, e.g. "XYZ Corporation votes YES on the
DocBook specification." Archives of votes are available at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-voting/

I will announce the results of the ballot within seven days of the end of
the voting period.

I request that the voting representative of each OASIS member organization
return a ballot on this proposal.