tgf message

Subject: EMERGENCY ALERTING - OASIS TGF PROFILE

Hi All

You may remember that there was an action from the Emergency Alerting workshop in Montreal as follows:

“Identify how transformational government practices can guide alerting authorities in a policy review related to implementing emergency alerting and response standards. “

Attached is my first attempt at responding to that action and it attempts to draw out the relevant parts of the OASIS Transformational Government Framework that are appropriate to the Emergency Alerting community and assist in the setting up and operation of EA programs.  There is clearly a lot of work still to be done on this draft to “localise” it in terms of EA terminology, examples, best practice etc, and this is where I am looking for your help please.   At this stage I would welcome the following:

-          Your overall views on the document and its usefulness;

-          Any contributions you can provide to the Glossary at Appendix B;

-          Any thoughts on the questions (see [DNs]) I have flagged up throughout the document where more work is necessary.

After another iteration of this it might be useful to set up a conference call to discuss some aspects in more detail if any on you can spare the time but let’s see how much progress we can make via email first.

My plan is to send the document out for a full Public Review after we have produced the next draft and in that review we can engage with the wider global EA community and in particular all those that attended the workshop.  Following that PR and the subsequent approval of a final version by my TC we will need to develop a publicity and awareness campaign to get all relevant bodies attuned to using the Profile.

I appreciate that for many this is holiday time but could I ask for replies by the end of the August please.

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS TGF Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745