tgf message

Subject: Re: [tgf] FW: [Core_public_service] [Core_publ​ic_service​] Public Review Period

John,

I had a quick look at their latest document and the UK work referenced here http://standards.esd.org.uk/LGBM.aspx  as well as the UK public service vocabulary list here: http://doc.esd.org.uk/IPSV/2.00.html

I do find the UK work is much more comprehensive, on the other hand, I also don't see major conflict of the meta model defined in Europa doc. with UK work  ( even the CPSV work is incomplete).
So to your question, whether TGF should use some of  CPSV work,  I guess it depends on what we want to use it for.  Their model is at such high level, I don't see any terms are actually defined base on that model.  So the model itself is a bit useless to us at this point.  i.e  CPSV and UK work are "concept aligned" for us to use either or both.

If we want to put a stake on the ground to define a public service model and some services/stakeholder vocabularies for TGF, we perhaps should have a team discussion on  this. i.e. look at  the UK  LGBM and IPSV, also to see whether there is any other competing/complementary standards.  From the web, currently LGBM and IPSV   lack a codified model and RDF representation,  I'm not nearly knowledgeable in this area, but I bet  we can easily translate UK LG and IPSV using  this new CPSV model and RDF format.

w.r.t. comments/improvement to the current document.
  •  I find the reference to TGF is weak.   Their current model seems solely focusing on joint-up the services so that it will be easier for people to identify or find services., it takes a view point of today and also end users perspective.  TGF has a different goal, it aims to transform public services into citizen centric and encourages  franchise model.  All these concept are lacking in the current CPSV model. I would like to see some statements added to reflect that in future  CPSV work , e.g. CPSV should expand the model to accommodate the public service design patterns defined by TGF.  Perhaps a use case on how people find new franchise business opportunity or  for Gov. to  identify service improvement opportunity will be good too.
  • I do like the terms that they use in Figure 1 for use cases,  like "member state",  "national authority"  initially I thought they will define those but no where I can find the definitions  in the document.  It will be useful that they instantiate the model in section 4 with the terms they used in Figure 1 to help illustrate the point.
(just a side note, whether CPSV takes off or not is a different question, a Google search on "public service vocabulary" returns several entries on this review at the top of the search list. Good opportunity for  TGF visibility  that we help to at least move the work in the right direction to reduce frictions)

Jenny