tgf message

Subject: Re: [tgf] FW: APQC - Process Classification Frameworks

Colin

I seem to remember coming across this APQC outfit some time ago but dismissed them as another trade body, ala SLG in USA, trying to do stuff in a slightly different part of the market place.  I think it's fair to say that the TGF goes far wider than their Process Framework and unless anyone sees the need then I don't propose to engage with them.

Not sure what you're asking here:
Is the APQC Framework out for public review, if so then as I said I don't feel pressure to respond although I suppose we could just say "See TGF".
If this document is the APQC response to "How to re-build Christchurch", then we or NZ Gov should push the BSI Smart Cities and TGF stuff as that is clearly much more appropriate and complete.

So where are things at present?  Has Christchurch put out any sort of Request for Info, in which case we could respond to that direct?

John

From: Colin Wallis <Colin.Wallis@dia.govt.nz>
To: 'TGF TC List' <tgf@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 29 July 2014, 0:18

Folks
I thought I’d bring this to your attention.
I admit to never hearing of it before, but in the context of some very early  consideration of developing Christchurch (you know, the city that got smashed with a big earthquake 2/3 years ago) into a Smart City /Sensing city (and my forwarding them links to BSI Smart Cities profile of the TGF and the TGF itself of course!) a colleague of mine contributed this.
At first blush it looks to be quite complementary to the TGF, but I’d welcome your views.
Cheers
Colin
<snip>

The attached Draft planners framework, produced by the APQC (professional body) is currently out for global review.  Wondered whether any of this framework would be of interest in the “Sensing City” context; or whether they would produce something similar – or maybe an extension – to this proposed framework?  Is there scope for us (NZ Govt) to provide our own input to this future industry standard (potentially) and influence during it’s consultation period?

I think there is some synergy here, even if it’s more of us as the provider for a change (rather than a consumer!).

Cheers,
Phil
<snip>