Subject: [tm-pubsubj-comment] Re: [topicmaps-comment] Republication of XTM 1.0under OASIS

Thanks Bernard,

Bringing this to the public comments list is the right thing to do. I
happen to be a non-prospective member, a member of the HumanMarkup TC
whose work is inextricably entwined with that of Topic Maps in all of
its areas. The reason I am not a prospective member is that another
of our members is looking into taking on that role with an eye toward
establishing a formal liaison, as I am doing with the Web Services
Component Model TC.

I mention all of this because the HumanMarkup TC also migrated to
OASIS from a separate incarnation as a more private group and we are
also looking into the members section option. We, fortunately, did
not have a legacy spec to deal with, but we also have to contend with
deciding which issues belong on the public list. We have opted for
keeping all of our discussion on the public list and using the
private list for business which only the TC can vote on and
decide--at least as far as this is practical.

A brief alert: it sometimes happens that we get a little bit sloppy
and neglect to post to both lists when that is necessary.

Best wishes,
Rex Brooks
OASIS HumanMarkup TC Secretary and Webmaster