Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj-comment] Use Case Question

Scott,

Welcome as a future committee member. I am very glad that we will working
together very soon. I think that we met at Extreme Markup 2001  if I
remember correctly.

See my comments below.

At 01:57 PM 12/7/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I am trying to familiarize myself with the documents
>available at the TC website.  While reading the use
>case for published subject registry
>(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/docs/registry-usecase.htm),
>I could not understand why the definitions for Pubsubj
>Creator/Modifier/Validator/User all refer to
>pubsubj.dtd, rather than the instance of the DTD,
>e.g., the .xml files shown on this page:
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/docs/dc/
>
>Perhaps I miss something big in terms of the intent of
>this use case or the registry itself.
>
>Regards,
>
>Scott

I am very happy that anyone is asking questions about the Use Case. It was
submitted very early and has not yet been discussed in a meeting yet.

There was a thread commenting on it last month though, which begins here.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tm-pubsubj/200111/msg00003.html

Also, my comments on Bernard's reply

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tm-pubsubj/200111/msg00009.html

and then the thread on Published Subject = Subject Indicator + Subject
Descriptor

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tm-pubsubj/200111/msg00011.html

and on the audience for the TM pubsubj
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tm-pubsubj/200111/msg00015.html

As you can see, we are in flux. I initially wrote the Use Case, especially
the diagram, to try to get clearer myself and to begin an initial,
exploratory discussion. I had a hard time seeming how this would work as
part of the "semantic web" and wanted to know  how others felt about this
too. The main points that I wanted to stress in the Use Case was the need
for a security check and IP agreement between the Published Subject creator
and user.

Yes, I think that we do need to expand on the definitions and give more
detailed explanations about how the DTD or schema is used to create the
instances of published subjects. I think that even this DTD is not the
final word, so it may be a little too early to revise the Use Case yet
without a thorough discussion first, so I left it as is, for now.

Bernard can correct or clarify this if I am wrong.

Best regards,
Mary
Mary Y. Nishikawa, Technical Editor & EDMS Support
XML Evangelist
Technique/ InTouchSupport Documentation
Schlumberger K. K.
2-2-1 Fuchinobe