Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj-comment] ISSUE 1 - PS Doc Identification andauto-referencing

>*Lars Marius
>
>I think this is confusing. I would analyze the problem differently:
>  - the PS Doc Set is a subject,
>  - therefore we can create a topic that represents it,
>  - the PS Doc Set will live at a well-defined URI
>  - therefore we can address it formally with either a subject address
>    or a subject identifier (it doesn't matter which just yet),
>  - every PS Doc set will be an instance of the class 'PS Doc set',
>  - as we can have a topic for the doc set, we can also formally
>    declare that the topic is an instance of the 'PS Doc set' class

I am really groping with this. I really think that more of us need to try
out how some of this fits to get a feel for it. I will post some of my xtm
code and comment on it. I am not saying that this is what I think should
be, it is only an attempt in trying to understand what a publisher of
subjects might need.
I am also commenting on how to handle metadata here. It is really hard to
post here and there and this is all related, I think.

I find that I need a class called PS Doc Set (psi-set). For example:

<topicMap id="unspsc-71">

</snip>
<!-- This is my topic for the doc set. -->
<topic id="unspsc-71-psi-set">

<!--I need a  a class for psi-set with other classes that we will need for
pubished subjects. These will be found in pubsub.xtm (possible name) and
would live with the standard somewhere http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/ ?.-->

<instanceOf>
                         <topicRef
xlink:href="http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/pubsubj.xtm#psi-set"/>
</instanceOf>
<!-- The identity of my set is the ID of the TM itself. This concept
corresponds to what Steve proposed -->
<!--This unspsc-71-psi-set corresponds to the" topicmap" topic used in
the  PUBLISHED SUBJECT DOCUMENTATION SET METADATA  section in
http://psi.ontopia.net/ontopia/ontopia.xtm. The unspsc-71.xtm subject
indicators become "Published Subjects Indicators" with this
specially-defined topic which reifies the unspsc-core topic map. The
occurrence of this topic is the metadata. -->
                 <subjectIdentity>
                         <resourceRef xlink:href="#unspsc-71"/>
                 </subjectIdentity>
                 <baseName>
                         <scope>
                                 <topicRef xlink:href="#UNSPSC"/>
                                 <subjectIndicatorRef
xlink:href="http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/language.xtm#en"/>
                         </scope>
                         <baseNameString>Segment 71 UNSPSC Published
Subject Indicators</baseNameString>
                 </baseName>

                 <occurrence>
                         <resourceRef
xlink:href="http://purl.org/mnishikawa/unspsc-71-metadata.rdf"/>
                 </occurrence>

         </topic>

         <!-- A group of subject indicators can  become "published subject
indicators" by appending this topic XXX-psi-set which advertised that this
is  a psi-set and has metadata in an external resource which is an
occurrence of this topic. In this example I use Simple Dublin Core Metadata
Elements  V1.1 (DCMES) in rdf. Other forms of metadata can be used. -->

This metadata could also be like this in the header of this html file
http://purl.org/mnishikawa/unspsc-71.htm (see mail to Suellen):

Instead of using the RDF example for the metadata, we can use this instead?
The value of  this is that we would have the indicators  in the html file,
too. They are not included in the rdf metadata file. Some would want to use
only xtm. I think that all of these examples would help others decide which
is best for them to implement. There are many user communities.

                 <occurrence>
                         <resourceRef
xlink:href="http://purl.org/mnishikawa/unspsc-71.htm"/>
                 </occurrence>

2002 release of UNSPSC Segment 71
Published Subject Indicators in html">

<!--forces a reloading of a new version for each visit -->

                 content="http://www.eccma.org/unspsc/browse/71.html";>
                 content="http://www.eccma.org";>
                 content="http://www.eccma.org";>
                 content="2002-01-01">
                 scheme="rfc1766"
                 content="en-US">
                 content="Published Subject Indicators of the Public
January 01,2002 Release of UNSPSC Segement 71">
                 content="Nishikawa, Mary">
                 content="Nishikawa, Mary">
                 content="http://purl.org/mnishikawa/unspsc-71.htm";>
                 content="http://purl.org/mnishikawa/unspsc-71.xtm";>

                 content="UNSPSC; Segment 71; ECCMA; Published Subjects;
OASIS; XTM; Topic Maps; EGCI; EGCC; tm-pubsubj; pubsubj">

I think that DC.identifier was intended for one resource. We could add psi,
as Suellen suggested.

                         content="http://purl.org/mnishikawa/unspsc-71.htm";
                         psi="http://purl.org/mnishikawa/unspsc-71.html#009026";
                         psi="http://purl.org/mnishikawa/unspsc-71.html#009253";