Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj-comment] updated documents

Thanks Bernard for updating the Recommendations.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/docs/recommendations/psdoc.htm

This looks like it is beginning to take shape. I would like these to be
considered for Section 5. User case and examples.

3.3.1. Subject indicator set:  unspsc-71.htm
3.1.2 Subject identifier set: unspsc-71.xtm
3.1.3 Documentation Description in  unspsc-71.htm
3.1.4 Document Metadata in header of unspsc-71.htm
3.1.5 Subject Formal Assertions: unspsc-core.xtm
3.1.6 Subject indicator metadata in header of unspsc-71.htm

You will find the files here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/docs/mni/

The xtm files (unspsc-71.xtm and unspsc-core.xtm) can be loaded into
Omnigator. You really get a better sense of how this would be used. I was
pleased to see that the www.purl.org/mnishikawa redirect actually worked
well and resolved to the fragments for each indicator in the unspsc-71.html
file. Everything is human readable (as well as the links to the indicators)
and the xtm files can be processed.

Please look at the source of the html file to see the metadata. (This is
readable and can be processed too.)

This is the simplest implementation that I can think of for this set of
subject indicators. There are only three files and all of the metadata is
included in the html file. I went the route of using fragment identifiers
for the subject indicators because it follows  the web pages that the
Electronic Commerce Code Management Association has publicly on the Web now.

I think that this would be the easiest implementation for them to follow.
They store their classification in a DB and generate html files with
updates to the segment code sets quarterly for  public use. Their public
files do not contain EGCI (Global Commodity Identifier) which are usually
reserved for members only, but I have received permission to add it to my
html file as an example. This makes the most sense to use for the subject
indicators for a TM application.

I think that we need to follow as closely as possible to each legacy
classification/ontology if we want this to catch on. It should be easy to
implement, and not be too costly or time consuming.

I think that this could also work for the Library of Congress, and would
like to know how feasible this would be for them to do. It seems reasonable
to me to keep a classification/code set in a DB and them generate these
kinds of html files later as the ECCMA does.

I look forward to your feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary Nishikawa,  EDMS Technical Advisor
Schlumberger K. K.
2-2-1 Fuchinobe
Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229-0006
Tel:  +81-42-759-5376
Fax: +81-42-759-3563

XML Network SchlumbergerSema
ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34, Japan
OASIS Topic Map Published Subjects TC, GeoLang TC