Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj-comment] Barcelona minutes

On Mon, 2002-05-27 at 09:22, Bernard Vatant wrote:
> Minutes of last week meeting now available at:
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/meetings/2002-05-24.html

[[
    *  3. The Published Subject Indicator should either have a
machine-processable structure, or link to a resource providing
machine-processable expression of assertions about the subject (or both)

      Recommendation #3 means e.g. the Subject Indicator is an XHTML
file, and formal assertions concerning the subject are contained in an
annex XTM file.
]]
-
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/meetings/2002-05-24.html

Bernard, et.al.

Thanks for publishing the notes. As a lurker, these are very helpful.
More and more I'm convinced of a growing set of common functional
requirements for the effective managing data on the Web.  A couple of
quick questions if I may...

Can you provide an example of what an application might get
dereferencing a PSI.  If I do an http GET on
http://psi.fruits.org/#apple for example, what do I get back in the HTTP
header, message body, etc.?

Also, the above clarification to item #3 uses 'e.g'; were other means of
articulating formal assertions discussed?  If so, how in practice do you
anticipate supporting this requirement?  (e.g.  RDDL, HTTP
content-negotiation, other?)

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/