Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj-comment] More grumbling

Lars, can you point me at the 'current strawman proposal' you're
referring to and associated discussions?  I think i missed a whole bunch
of context...

From your critique of this proposal it seems clear that various
discussions are taking place outside of
tm-pubsubj-comment@lists.oasis-open.org ... If there are additional
public forums where this kind of work is being discussed can you point
me to these?

Sigh... From your critique as well (all of which seem sensible) it
seems  clear that TopicMap and RDF/XML are traveling down (again) very
similar paths wrt deployment.  I for one still think there is huge
benifit in collaboration and increasingly frustrated by the lack of
coordination.

That being said, i still am not sure what the best way is to proceed on
this front. Perhaps the status quo with independently developed
activities is all that we can manage, however to see such duplicated
effort for similar and overlapping goals I find extremely unfortunate.

I would welcome suggestions on practical steps to help address this
problem.

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/