Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj-comment] More grumbling

* Eric Miller

| Lars, can you point me at the 'current strawman proposal' you're
| referring to and associated discussions?  I think i missed a whole
| bunch of context...

It seems you did. The proposal is at

| From your critique of this proposal it seems clear that various
| discussions are taking place outside of
| tm-pubsubj-comment@lists.oasis-open.org ... If there are additional
| public forums where this kind of work is being discussed can you
| point me to these?

The discussions have been taking place on the "tm-pubsubj" list, which
is only meant for TC members. (I suggest you try subscribing and see
what happens. OASIS might well let you subscribe). Personally I think
that is a very bad idea, and that we should stop using that list for
anything but arrangements relating to meetings and concalls.

Anyway, you can see what's happened the last few weeks here:

| Sigh... From your critique as well (all of which seem sensible) it
| seems clear that TopicMap and RDF/XML are traveling down (again)
| very similar paths wrt deployment.  I for one still think there is
| huge benifit in collaboration and increasingly frustrated by the
| lack of coordination.

Hmmmm. Can you expand on this? That is, in what particular regard is
it you think we are duplicating W3C work?

I'm sure I'll agree more coordination is needed once I know what the
problem is. :)

(I'll try IRC in a minute.)

| That being said, i still am not sure what the best way is to proceed
| on this front. Perhaps the status quo with independently developed
| activities is all that we can manage, however to see such duplicated
| effort for similar and overlapping goals I find extremely
| unfortunate.
|
| I would welcome suggestions on practical steps to help address this
| problem.

Hmmm. I'd like more background before I try to suggest anything.