Subject: [tm-pubsubj-comment] Charter Revision

Folks

In the process to refurbish the TC web according to our latest decisions, I think it's
time to do something about the Charter as posted on TC Home Page.
I suppose you did not read it through lately, but it seems obsolete in many ways. Don't
forget it was written quite in a rush in a Montréal lobby a year ago, and looks now more
like an initial brainstorming result than a reliable roadmap.

What we should do about it IMO

-- Be more explicit and focused on our technical objectives.
Even if some points are still unclear, I think we've improved enough to be more specific.

-- Get rid of some early hype, e.g. "Mediation Between Different Community Ontologies" and
the like.

-- Make the deliverable structure and agenda consistent with their real current status.

If there is consensus on this principle, I will post a proposal and put it to TC review
and vote.

Bernard Vatant
Consultant - Mondeca
www.mondeca.com
Chair - OASIS TM PubSubj Technical Committee
www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/