Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj-comment] Baltimore minutes

Thanks, Bernard and Patrick. Comments on the minutes:

(1) Section 5, third list item:

Instead of "http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso639/#NOR"; we proposed
going with "http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/639/#NOR";. Note the extra
slash between "iso" and "639", which means that the publisher on
whose behalf we are publishing this and other PSI sets - in this
case ISO - is represented by a directory.

Did we change "#NOR" back to "#nor"? I can't remember. Lars Marius
was going to double check the text of the standard.

(2) Rest of section 5:

We considered using "http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/"; and
"http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/639/"; as PSIs for ISO and the ISO 639
standard respectively, but didn't reach any conclusion. Note that we
do actually need PSIs for these subjects in order to express formal
metadata such as "published-by" and "based-on" - so we can't duck the
issue by saying it's not our job.

I believe we also considered using "http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/639/";
as the PSI for the PSI set itself (as per ex2). That would of course
conflict with its possible use for ISO 639 (the standard, as opposed
to the PSI set). Perhaps the standard should have the PSI
"http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/#639/";? That way all PSIs for ISO
standards that we translate will be in the same resource. Nice and
tidy.

I do not recall discussing the PSI "http://psi.oasis-open.org/"; and
see no need for it myself, at least not yet, so ex1 should go away.

At 19:49 20.12.2002 +0100, Bernard Vatant wrote:
>Younger and better brains (than Patrick's and mine) are
>welcome to help.

Happy to oblige :-)

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)