Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] Dublin Core RDF description

Bernard Vatant wrote:

> I don't remember having posted this reference:
>
> http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmes-xml/
>
> It is a recommendation for XML-RDF description of Dublin Core elements.
> I wonder if this DTD should not become a part of the pubsubj-dtd.
> I have contacted today the authors of this recommendation in the following
> terms:
>
> " Think about it that way ...
>
> When you open a <topicMap>, you find a semantic network of topics,
> linked by associations ...
>
> When you open a <topic> element, you find among other things a
> <subjectIdentity> and hopefully in that box
> a <subjectIndicatorRef> pointer to some PublishedSubject URL ...
>
>  ... and when you resolve the Published Subject URL,
> you find a standard RDF description using Dublin Core elements ...
>
> A (giant?) step towards semantic unification ;-)) "

Interesting you should mention this. I agree, and in fact early last
summer had "converted" DCMES to XTM (as PSIs). I'd be happy to share
the topic map if I can locate it (I'm still trying to recover from
being gone for a week and a half).

Bug me about this if you haven't seen it by Monday.

Murray

Murray Altheim, SGML/XML Grease Monkey  <mailto:murray.altheim&#64;sun.com>
XML Technology Center
Sun Microsystems, 1601 Willow Rd., MS UMPK17-102, Menlo Park, CA 94025

     i am going to see if i cannot reform insects in general
     i have constituted myself a missionary extraordinary
     and minister plenipotentiary and entomological to bring
     idealism to the little struggling brothers -- archy (1927)