Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj] Requirements Part 1 - Final draft

At 13:11 18/01/02 +0100, Bernard Vatant wrote:
>-- "subject definition resource" (was "subject definition document")
>For that one, according to Murray, we should use "subject definition
>addressable
>resource", but I figure it is heavy and over-accurate. I would suggest to
>keep the simpler
>wording, and make sure that its definition in the glossary makes it clear
>that "resource"
>in that expression means "addressable resource".

Actually, "addressable resource" only occurs once in the XTM spec: In 2.1 A
Gentle Introduction to Topic Maps. It is not defined. On the other hand,
"addressable information resource" (AIR) *is* defined, as "an information
resource whose identity is computable". For "resource" there is simply a
reference ("see addressable information resource"). AIR is only used a few
times; "resource" is used many times, and always in the same sense as AIR.
To me this indicates that we were trying to be very, very precise, but
without overburdening the text. Therefore I think we can manage without the
word "addressable" in our context.

Steve