Subject: [tm-pubsubj] Strawman PSI sets

As promised, I've created an XTM encoded PSI set and put it online as follows:

    http://psi.ontopia.net/ontopia/ontopia.xtm

There is also an HTML rendition at

    http://psi.ontopia.net/ontopia/

You might find it useful to browse the topic map version in the Omnigator at

    http://www.ontopia.net/omnigator/models/topicmap_complete.jsp?tm=ontopia.xtm

To create the Ontopia PSI set I had to create a strawman PSI set for
published subjects themselves. This is also available in the Omnigator at

   http://www.ontopia.net/omnigator/models/topicmap_complete.jsp?tm=pubsubj.xtm

or in "raw" form at

    http://psi.ontopia.net/ontopia/pubsubj.xtm

The ontopia.xtm topic map uses mergeMap to include the pubsubj.xtm topic
map. I've done this in order to get the Omnigator to display meaningful
names; it's not something I would recommend.

Doing this work raised a lot of interesting issues that I don't have time
to go into here. Some of them are covered in a comment at the end of
ontopia.xtm.

I would appreciate feedback. One subject per thread, preferably.

Have a good weekend!

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)